Laundry Day Success Guidelines
We will collect, sort, wash, dry and fold or hang as many loads of laundry in each visit as we possibly can for you with the allotted time. The primary purpose of our “Laundry & Light Housekeeping” service is to do your laundry. Our secondary focus with time between loads as we wait on the washer or dryer, is to “touch up and pick up” your home. Therefore, cleaning is not the primary focus and is provided at the pace and level that time and laundry needs allow.
Touch up cleaning includes quick tidy and picking up of high use rooms, light touch up cleaning of dirty areas, and some “daily tasks” like loading the dishwasher, making beds, picking up toys. Your feedback on priorities will be utilized to tailor the service to your preferences. An initial complimentary 15 minute “Laundry Consult” is provided so you can show us where clothes go, where your dirty clothes collection points are, and what “touch up” areas are most important to you. Call our office to get a quote for “Laundry & Light Housekeeping” services and schedule your 15-minute in-home “Laundry Consult”.
1. We do not accept responsibility for damage (make sure you only have us wash items that are washable and are not “dry clean only”, or will shrink or fade)
2. We will only launder what is found in the dirty clothes receptacles (your dirty clothes hamper, or laundry baskets clearly marked “dirty”)
3. We will not collect adult clothing from floors to be laundered (to avoid mistakes for “dry clean only” items)
4. We will collect towels, underwear, t-shirts, socks, baby clothes, children’s clothes, etc. from floors to be washed
5. We wash all loads on the “quick cycle” if there is one (front loaders)
6. We wash on cold / warm cycles
7. We will use your laundry detergent, laundry booster pods, and dryer sheets
8. We will not use liquid bleach. Please provide laundry booster pods for whitening
9. We may leave large bulky items drying when we leave if our time is up
10. We will make every effort to wash and dry the “hard stuff” first (socks, clothes, t-shirts) and try to only leave the “easy stuff” drying if we will run out of time (like towels)
11. Your feedback is welcome to help improve your laundry service experience
12. We will fold clothes, place them in drawers, or on beds, per your specifications
13. We will hang clothes in closets, let us know if we get it wrong on some locations
14. Our primary focus on “Laundry & Light Housekeeping” day is laundry. We welcome feedback on the areas we “touch-up clean” for you if we miss the mark on your priorities.
This is a new program we think you’ll love! If you have regular cleaning every other week, we recommend scheduling “Laundry & Light Housekeeping” in between visits. If you have weekly service already, we recommend you pick a second day of the week for your “Laundry & Light Housekeeping” day.